2017 Walter Mulkewich Community Development Award
The Walter Mulkewich Community Development Award in its second year, recognizes groups who empower and create change in their community. This award is presented annually to a nonprofit or grassroots community GROUP that has made a significant and sustained contribution to community development, improving the well-being of families and communities across the Halton region.
The award will be presented at the Volunteer Recognition Breakfast hosted by Volunteer Halton, a program of Community Development Halton on Monday, April 24rd, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. at the RattleSnake Point Golf Club, 5407 Regional Road 25, Milton, ON.
Return to the Volunteer Awards nomination main page.
- To reward excellence in community development
- To promote community service
- To acknowledge strong collaboration
- To celebrate participation and active involvement in improving the quality of life for residents of Halton
Eligibility and Criteria:
1.) Must be a group of three or more persons active in the Halton community for two years or more;
2.) Must be active in any one of the municipalities of Halton (Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton, Oakville);
3.) Must be effecting positive change in the lives of people and their community in Halton;
4.) In your submission, please include the following:
- Description of the group activity (350 words or less);
- Include the number of members in the nominated group;
- Explain how this teamwork impacts or improves the quality of life in your community;
- Summarize achievements past and current;
- Testimonials/media articles/pictures of the nominated group activity are welcomed.
Above criteria is used by the Award Selection Committee to determine one annual winner. Their decision is final.
Please ensure that at least one representative of the recipient group is available to attend the award celebration.
Submit your nomination online using the form below, or download the nomination form (fillable pdf), save it in your computer, fill it in, save again and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Get the latest Adobe Reader
Nominations closing on Friday, April 7th, 2017